Dr. Levine was one of the first microsurgeons to perform perforator flap breast reconstruction in New York City. He established the New York Center for the Advancement of Breast Reconstruction at New York Eye & Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai Hospital in 2006. This unique center of excellence was the first of its kind in New York City where he continues to serve as Division Chief. Subsequently, he developed other dedicated natural tissue breast reconstruction centers throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut and trained many of the surgeons offering perforator flap breast reconstruction procedures today. (See all centers)
- Dr. Levine volunteers his time with FORCE (facingourriskempowered.org), a group dedicated to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer and Young Survivors Club (youngsurvival.org), a group dedicated to young women facing breast cancer.
- Named among America’s Top Doctors every year since 2011.
- Dr. Levine is invited to speak at some of the most renowned science and medical meetings worldwide including ASRM, WSRM, Barcelona Breast Meeting, and the annual FORCE meeting.
- Dr. Levine has performed live surgery to teach surgeons new techniques in New York City, Barcelona, Spain, and Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Dr. Levine is also an active member of ASPS, ACAPS, New York Metropolitan Cancer, and Group for Advancement of Breast Reconstruction.